Sunday, December 27, 2009

Golden Ears Provincial Park - Lower Falls Trail

Christmas Day 2009


We were going to spend the day playing in the snow and tobogganing in Hemlock Valley but... we played with our new Wii game instead.... actually... for most of Christmas morning. So driving far was not an option.
 My daughter Nina, loves to sleep in.... this is the child I had to wake up to feed as a baby, but when Christmas morning came this year she was up really early.
"It's 4 am Kalina!" Alora groaned after she had been poked by her darling sis.
"Let's go open the stockings." Nina whispered, urging her sister to wake.
"When it's 6... I'll get out of bed."
Now you have to understand..... for 364 days of the year.... it's Alora urging Kalina out of bed. The child isn't even a teenager yet and she loves to sleep till noon on Saturday's (note to self: Nina needs incentives to get out of bed).
The girls were getting tired by 11 am.... so, when the 5th argument broke out, as to what game should be played.... well.... it was time to get some fresh air.




My Techie.... following directions on how to attach  the Wii to our 32' 1989 Sears TV.  Who needs wide screen? We don't watch TV much.













View Larger Map


"We haven't been to Golden Ears in a while?" I said to my spouse. Within a half of an hour, we were dressed, had a picnic packed and out the door.
Golden Ears Provincial Park web pages


Here's what the Park's web site says:

Lower Falls Trail: Gold Creek parking lot to Lower Falls. Hiking trail only (2.7 kilometres; suggested time: 1 hour; elevation change: minimal). A very popular, easy walk along Gold Creek to the 10-metre high Lower Falls. A beach area halfway to the falls is a good spot for a picnic or a sunbathe. Some of the best scenery in the park is visible just beyond.

It's all true. It's such a nice trail. Easy walk. Quiet. Peaceful. Serene.... if you are alone. (insert happy face here).


There is lots of mud... at this time of the year.. so wear good boots. Enjoy the fresh air!

















                                                                             DOG'S BLOG



jdsgfjlaiusy;skhbvc.kj.(It's hard to type when you don't have fingers. My pack lady will write for me).
 It was a lovely afternoon jaunt. (Pack Lady... What is jaunt? I went for walk). I needed walk after an indoor morning. They forgot to take me for my morning walk. I didn't say anything... because I'm a good girl. My name is Angel after all.....  They forgot to bring my ball on the hike (I was put out. I forgave them). I found wonderful smelling sticks. The bouquets (what's bouquets? smells?... I only know 25 words... so Pack Lady is helpful) of hemlock, pine, maple vines and cedar with a splash of soft messages from my cousins and bigger animals and smaller animals. It was wonderful to be in the outdoors. Pack Leader didn't throw sticks.... I brought for him..... I brought him many different kinds too. None of them, was satisfying him.
 The ground was soft and mushy... it squished between my paws.. I don't like dirty paws. I am not a dirty girl... I am an Angel. I ate many books when I was growing up... I am smart. I loved Caesar Milan's book... It was very good... Like me... I am very good... Pack Leader tells me I am mostly good dog. He gives me hamburgers. I love pack leader. I love the forest. I love sticks. I love balls... They didn't bring my ball. I forgave them. SQUIRREL? Got to go!

Nina's Pic's





























How to Improve the Adventure
by Alora
1)hot tub(waters too cold)
2)automated moving walkway(gets tiring)
3)stable where you can rent horses to go on a trail ride
4)snack shop where you can get food for free!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very funny Anuschka! I miss the days we went hiking with you on those west coast trails, all 3 or 4 of them! Still, maybe we should get out the skis and actually do something with all the white snow we've got here....

Karen (from Ontario)