Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Angels do fall sometimes

"I don't know what happened?... It just exploded"

Part Two of the 'Cat Man and Dog Woman' Saga

For those who have not yet read Part One, here is the link: Finding the Perfect Dog

Hey my Beauties,

I had such a lovely morning the other day when you, Nena, took me out for a cup of coffee. I know... I paid, but that doesn't matter... it's the thought that counts. You'll be paying in a few years, when you have a job.
"So, what should I write in my next blog?" I asked. Here was your reply:
"Remember Angel's first day with us, and I slipped and fell in her pee?"
"Yeah." I replied.
"Then... remember when I went upstairs to change my clothes and take a bath?"
"Yeah."
"And I stepped in a pile a of poo behind my bed?"
"Yeah."
"Well... it was then, that I decided to follow in my father's footsteps, and became... Cat Girl."
Nena, Yoda and Pharaoh
And this came from the daughter who named the dog Angel. The girls did try to teach the dog to use the litter box over the next few weeks, and the dog got pretty close to it. In the months following, whenever Angel would have an accident, the mess would be right beside the litter box. Don't know how she did it? Maybe because the dog was an Angel inside and out.
"We can call her Dog... no... how about Mutt?" your dad muttered, as he cleaned up his car tools that day when Angel first arrived.
"I know... we can call her God," he said, "that's dog backwards...that way I can finally walk with God."



Well, he may not be walking with God, but he does have an Angel by his side.
"She's a mostly good dog," Rene concluded after a year, but he would not yet declare it publicly. He had to acknowledge the truth though, because she always came when called, she never left his side (or at least didn't wander too far away), she sat at command, stayed at command, she never chewed shoes and, dropped the ball at our feet. Angel is so tuned in and focused on us, as Pack Leader's, it's almost as if she knows what we're thinking at times. It's kinda weird actually.
"What a well behaved dog." Strangers have come up to us to tell us how well behaved our dog is.
Let me tell you, no amount of research could have lead me to such an amazing, perfect dog. Remember we didn't pick her, she came to us. Now, I know we did have a part in her training and discipline, and I will be forever grateful to Cesar Milan, and his books... that we devoured... and... well...the dog devoured.
Super Angel Dog
You know, she's a really great dog... and she never chewed on our shoes... but... for some odd reason... she loved to chew on books. Not just any books either. She chomped on 'Scooby Doo', gnawed on 'The Dog Whisperer', munched on 'Philosophy for Dummies' and just ingested Nicky Gimbels 'The Alpha Course'. Maybe, that's why she's such an Angel?
Yes, Angel has chewed books, she had stolen a hot dog out of someones hands (he shouldn't have been waving his hands about like an Italian, in conversation) and, she has run off once. May I say something in her defence? It was after a deer and he was drinking salt water by the coast at Miracle Beach Provincial Park.  Really... why was a deer drinking salt water? And there was the time we left the dog in the car for 10 minutes with 8 small home made pizza's; we were bringing to Tante Bina and Uncle Jeff's for dinner. There were six and a half left, when we returned. It was our own fault. We left her alone with her favourite food... It was too much of a temptation... She's only human, after all... I mean a dog, after all. Okay... Okay... Angels do fall sometimes... but so do we.
When I've made a mistake and I've fallen, I will appreciate the person who helps me off the dirt floor more than the one who judges me legalistically and kicks more dirt into my face. Many people judge and discourage when someone is down, even I, Dog Woman, have been convicted of this crime.
Here's the thing... In Matthew 18:21 -22 Peter asked Jesus, "Lord, how many times must I forgive someone? Should I forgive him as many as seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, you must forgive him even if he wrongs you seventy times seven." So, God has forgiven me for discouraging someone who was down and out, and... He doesn't want me to judge either.
Love each other as I have loved you. 
This is what he asks us to do.
"If someone in your group does something wrong.... you should go to that person and gently help make him right again... By helping each other with your troubles, you obey the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is important when he really is not, he is only fooling himself. Each person should judge his own actions and not compare himself with others. Then he can be proud for what he himself has done..... We must not become tired of doing good.... When we have the opportunity to help anyone, we should do it."
Galatians 6: verse 1 thru to 10 NCV
So, doG (read it backwards) wants us to encourage and lift each other up, and guess what goD (read it backwards) does when we come home? I know, at least for me, when Angel comes to greet me at the door she is always happy to see me (even when I've left her for a few hours - she forgives easily).
Alora and Angel
I have never been greeted with such encouragement, love and devotion by anyone, the way she welcomes me. She has never judged me, or kicked me when I'm down, on the contrary, she hugs and kisses when I'm feeling blue. Unlike the cats, who ignore me or tell me to buck up, stop feeling sorry for myself, and get them some food.
"You know Mom," Nena said as she sipped her white hot chocolate the other morning, "When a cat brings you a dead mouse or bird to your door... it's not a present... it's a warning."
"It's a good thing you and your dad haven't brought home any dead animals yet." I smiled and thought of my perfect dog, who would never do such a thing.

Is Cat Man really a closet dog lover? And does Yoda defect to the 'dogside' of the force?... I mean the family? Find out these things and more, in the next segment of 'Cat Man and Dog Woman' Part Three.


*Thanks to You Tube and Wendy J Francisco with God and Dog song video*

No comments: