Sunday, July 6, 2014

Costa Rica and The Netherlands

So... What can I say really? It was a hard game to watch as my family will concur... I'm sure. But, what an adventure!

My daughter Kalina couldn't sit still to watch, she meandered in and out of the room uneasily. Opa, my dad, couldn't sit still and paced back and forth from the living room to the BBQ for most part of the second half. Oma, my mom, half way through went and changed her orange shirt for a blue one, then changed it back to orange just before the penalty kicks and the win (perhaps she foresaw something we did not?). As for me, I was very glad that I was in charge of the food and could move back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. Movement seems to be my family's way of dealing with chaotic and nervous situations and I'm okay with that.
Our family only wanted to eat Dutch food while we watched the game, so I spent the night before making tompouse, which is one of my favourite dutch desserts, and I also made sate and pinda sauce. Oma and Opa made bitterballen and croquetes and Tante Bina and Uncle Jeff bought bokkepootjes. We did eat well!

What I loved the most about this game, was that it got our family together. We ate together, we yelled together, we cried together and we paced back and forth together and that's what was so special about this game...

Well... and Krul.

Good luck with Argentina boys. I know you will do well. Besides... you have a cousin of ours on that team of yours, Kuyt is my great grandmother's maiden name. She married a de la Court. So we're practically family! You've got lots of support!

We wish you well!
Love from B.C. Canada

Angel's Blog (the dogs blog):
Here I am making sure no one steals our shirts
Hallo Family Pack!
I was a little nervous yesterday. I know, I whine when I get nervous. My pack knows it, but they love me anyway. I just wanted to show you my shirt. It's a great shirt!

Angel's shirt
Each of us got to chose what name to put on the back.  

Ari chose Memphis, because he is her favourite player in Fifa... it was Ronaldo in the beginning, but she changed her mind.

Nina chose Van Persie because she likes flying dutchman.

Alora chose Cillessen, I don't know why, maybe she thinks he's cute? She is a teenager now you know.

I chose Robben, because I love him. He is like my pack leader dad.
Me and pack leader dad t-shirts

Robben and I are kindred spirits. He runs fast, just like me, and he loves to chase balls, just like me.

Except, I don't fall down... Maybe, it's because I have four legs and he only has two? I would love to talk to him about that.

Anyway, Robben, if you do read this before the next game, I just wanted to tell you that if you are feeling nervous about the next game, just give your pack a big group hug. I find that always makes me feel better...

that... and cowboy steak. Maybe we can share some one day?

Good Luck Holland Family Pack! I know you can do it!

Love from Angel

No comments: